Belarusian greek catholic church london

2020-01-18 14:18

The church is the only purposebuilt Belarusian Catholic church outside Belarus and also the first allwooden church in the city since the Great Fire of London in 1666. The cornerstone of the church, brought from the Holy Trinity Church in Druya, was laid during a ceremony presided by Archbishop Mennini and Bishop Lonchyna on 7 February 2016.The Belarusian GreekCatholic Church is a Church sui iuris of Eparchial rank, but has been sine episcopi (without hierarchy) since 1986 when Bishop Vladimir Tarasevich, OSB, of blessed memory, reposed in exile in the US. belarusian greek catholic church london

The Uniate Church also holds services in Latin Catholic churches and has a major centre with a chapel and library in Minsk. Currently, the firstever Belarusian Greek Catholic church outside Belarus is being erected in London. The structure of the Uniate Church remains weak.

The Belarusian Greek Catholic Church (Belarusian: , BHKC), sometimes called, in reference to its Byzantine Rite, the Belarusian Byzantine Catholic Church, is the heir within Belarus of the Union of Brest and Ruthenian Uniate Church. The Belarusian Orthodox Community of St. Euphrosyne of Polotsk (Ecumenical Patriarchate) holds services on the premises of Holy Innocents Church (Paddenswick Road, London W6 0UB, Metro Station Ravenscourt Park District Line).belarusian greek catholic church london The Belarusian Greek Catholic Church (Belarusian: , BHKC), sometimes called, in reference to its Byzantine Rite, the Belarusian Byzantine Catholic Church, is the heir within Belarus of the Union of Brest.

Belarusian greek catholic church london free

The history of the Belarusian (initially called in English WhiteRuthenian, then Byelorussian) Catholic Mission of the ByzantineSlavonic Rite however dates back to more than six decades. The year of 1947 saw the founding of the Mission in London with agreement from the then Roman Catholic Diocese of belarusian greek catholic church london

Rating: 4.39 / Views: 873